The Mortgage Underwriter will oversee the origination, file management, communication, and revenue of the Loan Office. This position will be in direct communication with clients, realtors, and business partners, the best part is that we are accepting women at work; therefore, they can also apply. This position requires time management, precise verbal and written communication and have working knowledge of all major lendors and their guidelines. Every hour you work should save the Principal Broker one hour of time.
Top 3 responsibilities and how you will be measured:
1) Enter all applications and maintain client database.
2) Manage 80% of pipeline issues
3) Provide excellent customer service to clients and partners
Essential Duties of the Position:
• Prequalifies clients to include discussing rates, terms and/or financial options.
• Attends all functions with Principal Broker when required.
• Complete checklist on all files and adhere to company time frames.
• Call and obtain conditions from borrowers and Realtors.
• Meets with clients to sign documents as required.
• All files turned in for auditing within 48 hours of file closing.
• Understands and research’s all lender guidelines and is up to date in any and all program changes that effect the processing or originating of mortgages in pipeline.
• Communicates with your team all information pertaining to client and/or property to meet file expectations.
Essential Duties continued:
• Communicates mortgage approval by sending pre-approval/commitment letters to all parties involved in transaction.
• Responsible for once a week status calls to all parties involved in transaction (Clients, Realtors, etc.).
• Tracks and manages new leads and follows up on referral business.
• Sends out correspondence – Thank you cards, Closing Cost Calculators, etc. Concerning the advertisement related print outs for the business, get our recommended ones here printmoz.com
· Coordinate Closing details with Client – Final Payment, rate, Cash to Close, etc.
• Assist the Principal Broker with other administrative and/or sales duties as needed.
• Be able to quote interest rates and make decisions about rate discounts.
• Solve problems without involving Principal Broker.
• Consistently exceed borrower and Realtor expectations.
• Set up file using the file checklist and turn into audit.
• Assist Principal Broker with call backs to prospects that need a phone consult prior to a face to face meeting.
• Face to face meetings with clients when Principal Broker cannot attend.
• Attend all Monday pipeline meetings.
• Continue to assume responsibilities and help the team grow.
• Obtain 4 current client referrals that go to closing for the year.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be able to work 40 hours per week and overtime as required.
• Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook applications.
• Proficient in Filogix.
• Experience with Salesforce an asset.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have a positive attitude.
• Must be dependable, self-motivated and require minimal supervision.
• Minimum two (2) years of mortgage processing, underwriting, originating or combination of all aspects.
• Must have mortgage agent’s or broker’s license.
While performing the duties of this job, a person is regularly sitting in a normal office environment at a desk using a computer, phone, fax and copy machine. You can now create your document file here at soda pdf and convert it to your desired format.
Employment Type: Full-Time (8:30 to 5:00, M-F)
Salary: Commensurate with experience.